
XAUUSD H1: Sellers Own the Trend, but 4,292 Decides the Next Mov
Gold does not need another resistance zone to prove that sellers are in control. The H1 chart has already done that. Since the rejection from the 4,390–4,405 Order Block, price has continued to build a sequence of lower highs and lower lows. Every recovery has struggled to hold, and Gold is now trading near 4,306 with one important level sitting directly underneath it: 4,292. For me, today's plan starts there. 🔴 FIRST QUESTION: CAN SELLERS REMOVE 4,292? I do not want to chase Gold lower while price is still sitting above support. Instead, I want the market to break 4,292 first. If we get an H1 close below 4,292, followed by a weak recovery back into the broken level, that would tell me the current support has changed its job and is now acting as resistance. That is the continuation setup I want. SELL ENTRY: 4,288–4,295 on the retest SL: 4,312 TP1: 4,272 TP2: 4,255 TP3: 4,245 There is a reason I am targeting 4,255. Look at the previous major lows marked on the chart. Price has repeatedly reacted around the descending liquidity line, and the latest sweep already reached this area before bouncing. If 4,292 disappears, I expect Gold to test that liquidity again. And this time, buyers may not get the same reaction. 🟡 BUT SELLING 4,292 BLINDLY MAKES NO SENSE Support is support until the market proves otherwise. We have already seen Gold bounce aggressively from approximately 4,255–4,270, so another defense of this area cannot be ignored. That creates a completely different trade. If price sweeps below 4,292 but quickly returns above it and closes back above 4,312, I would treat the move lower as a failed breakdown rather than bearish continuation. My countertrend setup would then be: BUY ENTRY: 4,305–4,312 after the reclaim SL: 4,282 TP1: 4,335 TP2: 4,365 TP3: 4,390 This BUY has one important limitation: It is a recovery trade, not a bullish trend reversal yet. The H1 structure remains bearish until Gold starts taking back the lower highs above it. 🧱 THE AREA I WOULD RATHER SELL THAN BUY If buyers manage to push through 4,335 and 4,365, there is still a much bigger problem waiting overhead. 4,390–4,405. That is the H1 Order Block from which the latest major sell-off developed. A recovery into this zone followed by a bearish H1 rejection would give me a much better location to look for another short. SELL ZONE: 4,390–4,405 SL: 4,418 TP1: 4,365 TP2: 4,335 TP3: 4,292 Extended Target: 4,255 I would not short simply because price touches the box. I want to see buyers enter the area and fail to hold it. That difference matters. 🚨 WHAT WOULD ACTUALLY CHANGE MY BEARISH VIEW? A bounce is not enough. Even a move back to 4,390 is not enough. I would need Gold to produce an H1 close above 4,405 and successfully hold that level on a retest. Only then would I consider the Order Block invalidated. If that happens: BUY RETEST: 4,400–4,408 SL: 4,382 TP1: 4,430 TP2: 4,465 TP3: 4,485 Above 4,405, sellers lose the zone that has been protecting the current bearish structure, and the much larger 4,485–4,500 resistance area becomes relevant again. 🎯 TODAY'S DECISION TREE Think of the chart this way: Below 4,292 → I follow sellers toward 4,272 and 4,255. Sweep 4,292 + reclaim 4,312 → I allow the recovery toward 4,335 and 4,365. Reject 4,390–4,405 → I look for the next bearish leg. Close and hold above 4,405 → I stop treating rallies as automatic selling opportunities. So despite the bearish arrow on the chart, my trade is not simply “SELL Gold.” The trend tells me which side currently has the advantage. The levels tell me when I am allowed to act. If Gold attacks 4,292 today, which setup would you rather trade: the breakdown or the liquidity sweep and reclaim?















